Your Spreadsheet Layout
ExcelSend reads the information, such as phone numbers, from your spreadsheet as a table. To ensure that ExcelSend can access all the information from your spreadsheet please follow the tips below for spreadsheet formatting.
- Ensure that your table of data starts in cell A1
- Records are organised in to rows
- The first row (1) should contain the field names
- Subsequent rows should contain the field values
- Avoid blank columns or blank rows – ExcelSend will not look beyond these
ExcelSend will work from any sheet in your spreadsheet file but will only do one sheet at a time. Remember to name your sheets appropriately so that it is easier to access them from the ExcelSend program. To change the name of a sheet simply double-click the existing name.
Opening in ExcelSend
Remember to save and close your spreadsheet in Excel before opening it in ExcelSend. ExcelSend can open both Excel 97-2003 Workbook (.xls) and Excel Workbook (.xlsx) formats.